ABC Schools are Model Schools
Among the Profession
ABC Schools serve as models for others to learn from, both in-state and across the country. Commitment to the arts is strategic in nature and often against popular trends, meaning it requires courageous and creative leadership. Accepting the ABC Certification is accepting the responsibility of a professional learning community and agreeing to provide professional learning opportunities to others. This may be accomplished in various ways:
- Allowing teachers, administration, policymakers, and other interested parties to schedule school visits
- Allowing members of your school’s team to provide professional development to other schools
- contributing to state and national conferences and sharing best practices as an ABC School
- ABC Schools are expected to participate in ABC School programming during the school year to meet with colleagues from other current ABC schools and discuss updates on arts education.
- Principals are expected to participate in the ABC Peer to Peer Principals Network and are encouraged to attend the Joint Arts Administrators Institute, hosted by Palmetto State Arts Education.