Arts Assessment Institute Classroom Assessment (AAI– I)
This institute is designed to develop professional educators who will participate in the following activities:
- Study the purposes and uses of assessment,
- Align assessments with local and state standards,
- Construct assessments to best determine knowledge in skills and processes related to the 2017 South Carolina College- and Career-Ready Standards for Visual and Performing Arts Proficiency;
- Demonstrate an understanding of the basic principles of measurement and evaluation,
- Develop standards-based Student Learning Objectives and corresponding assessments to demonstrate student growth,
- Design and embed assessment strategies within instructional lessons and units,
- Apply the relationship of national and state standards, curriculum development, instruction, and assessment; and
- Reflect on their assessment practices and the role of assessment in their professional and personal lives.
Pre-Arts Assessment Institute: May 2, 2020 – in the Columbia area
Arts Assessment Institute: June 15-19, 2020, in the Greenville area.
Post-Arts Assessment Institute: September 28, 2020, Online